So for today’s topic we are going to show how you make your report show up in a dashboard within Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM. Why would you want to do this? This will save you time instead of having to navigate to your reports tool in Dynamics 365/CRM to view your most frequently used reports!
How to embed a report
1. Navigate to the report URL
2. Choose the report you wish to use (frequent report)
3. Copy the entire URL
4. Navigate to the Dashboard’s edit screen
5. Choose any of your Dashboards, double click on it to open the edit screen.
6. Add an iFrame where you want to add the Report
7. Create the iFrame
a. Name it, paste the URL from earlier, make sure that Restrict cross-frame scripting, where supported is unchecked, and Pass record object-type code and unique identifier as parameters is also unchecked.
b. Click Ok
8. You may have to increase the Height or Width many times. If you chose a frame that goes all of the way across a webpage, then you will not be able to increase the Width.
9. Save the Dashboard
10. Publish – Navigate back to the Solution and Publish
Now you will see the report you use frequently will show up in the Dashboard!
For more tips and tricks on Dynamics 365/CRM be sure to visit our archive of blog posts and also sign up for our blog on the top right of this page to receive new blog post notifications when they are posted.