With all features, there are Gotchas to watch out for.
In this quick-tip post, we cover 6 common Gotchas with Business Rules in Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM you should watch out for …
1. Any field utilized in the Business Rule must be on the form in order for the Business Rule to run
The system will not alert you about this; it simply just won’t function the way you intended.
2. You can have up to 10 Else If Statements
Remember, an Else If statement executes a block of code if a specified condition is true.
3. You cannot interact with Tabs or Sections
4. OnChange events are not triggered when Business Rules set a field value
5. Whole number fields with TimeZone, Duration, or Language format are not supported
6. Rule definitions are cached in the mobile app
You must close and re-open the app for changes to take effect on your desktop for those you make in the mobile app.
Learn more about various processes in Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM. Join Ledgeview for our monthly user-groups.