When creating a new opportunity in Microsoft Dynamics CRM you have to enter in new information to create and generate that new opportunity. But wouldn’t it save a ton of time if you didn’t have to re-enter all that info from the lead to the opportunity?
Auto populating opportunity fields with information from the lead that generated the opportunity can save users a lot of time and reduce to chance of errors when re-entering data.
Here is how Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrators can get it done (and have sales love you for it).
1. Go to the Customization page.
2. Go to Customize the System
3. Go to Entities, Leads, then 1:N Relationships.
4. Filter by Related Entity
5. Find the relationship between Opportunities and their originating Lead and open it. If you don’t have this relationship, create it with the information shown.
6. In the new window, select Mappings. This will show all of the items mapped from Lead to Opportunity.
7. To create a mapping click New
8. For this example, we are going to make the Parent Account for Lead lookup field map to the Account lookup field (Opportunity). After selecting the fields you want to map, click OK.
9. Click Save and Close on the Relationship: Lead to Opportunity window.
10. Publish All Customizations on the Solution window.
>> Check more of our tips, tricks and best practices for users and administrators of Microsoft Dynamics CRM or sign up to attend our upcoming Dynamics CRM User Group webinars, These complimentary online user groups are held each month to help educate and advance users of CRM.