Within Microsoft Dynamics CRM you have the ability to change the color of entity icon backgrounds. Whether you are looking to have color indicators for your icons, looking to prioritize or just looking to personalize your Dynamics CRM icons, follow these simple steps to adjust the color.
1. Open the default solution by navigating to Settings->Customization and click on Customize the System.
2. Expand Entities, and click on the entity name you want to adjust the background icon color for. In this example, we will be updating the Account icon background color.
3. From with the properties area for the entity, you can adjust the color of the entity icon by updating the HTML color code field.
5. Use the tool to select your color and generate the code. Copy and paste the code into the Color field in Dynamics CRM.
6. Verify that the color that is displayed is correct, then save the solution and publish your changes.
7. Once you’ve published, refresh your browser and navigate to Account to see the color change in the sitemap.
For more tips and tricks on Dynamics CRM be sure to visit our archive of blog posts and also sign up for our blog on the top right of this page to receive new blog post notifications when they are posted.