You may run into situations where you want to create a new field within Microsoft Dynamics CRM where it is hyperlinked to open another type of software outside of CRM such as a website, phone software (like Skype) or an e-mail program (like Outlook).
You can now set this up in Microsoft Dynamics CRM/365 by following the steps below, if you don’t have customizations access you will need to contact your CRM Administrator to have them set this up!
1. Go to Settings
2. Under Settings go to Customizations
3. Select a Solution or Customize the System
4. Go to the entity you wish to add the field to.
5. Go to Fields
6. Select New
7. Fill out required information
8. Under Data Type, Select Single Line of Text
9. Under Format, Select the appropriate Type
10. Save the new field.
11. Put the field on a form.
12. Publish customizations
This process has the text entered into the field checked in the case of an e-mail for proper formatting, but turns all of the fields into the hyperlinks to open additional software to complete a task.
For more technical/admin Dynamics 365/CRM tips and tricks like the one posted today, be sure to visit our archive of technical blog posts here, be sure to share them with your CRM Administrator!