For today’s tip we will show how you can embed a frequently used website into a Microsoft Dynamics CRM dashboard. This can be very useful if there is a webpage your team uses on a consistent basis to increase their efficiency. Not all websites will work on each browser so you may need to try different browsers if you run into an error (Internet Explorer, FIrefox, Chrome, etc.)
How to embed a Website:
1. Copy the URL of the website you want displayed inside of a CRM dashboard.
2. Open the edit screen of the dashboard you want this website displayed inside of.
Any CRM Dashboard will do. Double click it to open up the edit screen.
3. Add an iFrame where you want to add the website.
4. Create the iFrame.
- Name it, paste the URL, make sure that Restrict cross-frame scripting, where supported. Is unchecked, and Pass record object-type code and unique identifier as parameters. Is unchecked.
- Click OK.
5. Expand the Height and Width of the frame as necessary. You may have to increase the Height or Width many times. If you chose a frame that goes all of the way across a webpage, then you will not be able to increase the Width.
6. Save the Dashboard.
7. Navigate back to the Solution and Publish.
You will now be able to see your new Dynamics 365/CRM dashboard! For more user tips, be sure to head over to our Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM user group page to view our archive of monthly user groups on-demand and also to register for upcoming user groups.