Quick Create forms within Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM can be a good way to create new records (like activities, leads, accounts, cases, etc.) on the fly. Because only “bare-bones” data is entered, it is usually a good idea to plan to return to the new record soon and add more detail.
On the other hand, organizational requirements may dictate that new records are created with more comprehensive data on the first go-around. In these cases, the System Administrator may elect to disable Quick Create forms. (Note – this can be done on an individual CRM entities basis.)
Here is how to do it:
In this example, we will first see how to use the Quick Create form for creating a new Account record. Then, we will see how the Account Quick Create form option can be disabled. (Note: all users are affected by this.)
First up – How Quick Create works in Microsoft Dynamics CR
1. To access the Quick Create selector screen (and see how it works), click the + icon at the top of the screen. Select Account.
2. Fill in the form and click Save. Remember, the new Account record will contain only the limited data you can enter on the Quick Create screen. You can now access the newly created Account record and add additional information as needed.
Disabling Quick Create Forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- To disable the Accounts Quick Create form, start by going to the Customization area for CRM by clicking on Settings and then on Customization on the Navigation Bar. Then select Customize the System.
2. On the Customization navigation pane, expand Entities on the tree and click on the “Account” entity.
3. Scroll down and find the “Allow Quick Create” item under Data Services and uncheck the box.
4. Click Save
Get more tips, training, and best practices by attending our monthly user group webinars for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and CRM Users and Administrators.