The upgrade to the D365 App for Outlook is significant as of the V9 Release.
Community reports state that while other mobile apps are easy for users to download and configure themselves, the D365 App for Outlook requires the attention of an administrator or system customizer to go through the deployment steps.
As of the V9 Release, the app is built on the Unified Client Infrastructure (UCI), which is used in the new Unified Interface (UI), transforming the formerly limited feature into a more expansive one with more extensive capabilities.
The Dynamics 365 App for Outlook taps into the power of Dynamics 365 while you are using the desktop, web or phone versions.
Within the app, you can choose to track or un-track Outlook Contacts as D365 Contacts.
Within Outlook, you will see a Dynamics 365 pane or window next to a selected email message, where you are able to track and email from Outlook into an Activity into D365.
To add the App to Outlook, you’ll first want to be sure that you have the “Use Dynamics 365 for Outlook” security privilege, and that your organization synchronizes mailboxes with server-side synchronization.
Add the App to Outlook when you follow these easy steps:
- Click on Settings > Apps for Customer Engagement
- On the “Apps for Customer Engagement Page”, under “Dynamics 365 App for Outlook”, click “Dynamics 365 App for Outlook”
If you have trouble deploying or troubleshooting the installation, we advise reaching out to your CRM partner for assistance.
Keep in mind, much has changed for Customer Engagement Apps in D365 V9, which includes the Outlook App.
What you see in the Customer Engagement pane under the menu bar will show the following information about your Outlook recipients:
Elements + Description
- The Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement Apps record this email is linked to.
- Summary information about the recipient.
- Summary information about the recipient’s account.
- Shows if the email message or meeting is linked to a record and if it’s being tracked.
- Click to set or change linking and tracking. You can also choose to view your email in Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement Apps V9.
- Click to Add an Activity.
- Click and then select “Set Regarding” to link to the Record.
- (^same as above) – Click and then select “Set Regarding to link to the Record.
This is just the start of the capabilities of the Dynamics 365 V9 App for Outlook.
Learn more about Microsoft Dynamics 365 V9, the App for Outlook, and much more, when you subscribe to the Ledgeview Partners Blog.
With any Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM questions you may have, reach out to our experts for help. We look forward to helping you with your digital transformations.
Join our next Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM user group webinar to learn more about the system, exciting updates, industry insight, and much more.
Sign up for our next user group webinar, and click replay on past favorites here!