Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail is an application within the Microsoft Dynamics 365 universe that “unifies digital, in-store, and back-office operations to personalize customer engagement and increase employee productivity”.
Microsoft says, “Dynamics 365 for Retail empowers retailers to create exceptional, insightful shopping experiences”.
How does the application do it? Microsoft breaks down the key advantages in these ways …
Create a Unified Commerce Experience
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail helps you deliver a consistent shopping experience through various channels, helping you to increase revenue, boost customer satisfaction, and build brand loyalty as a result.
- The features of this application allow you to create a more convenient and flexible experience for your customers, whether you give them the option to buy in-store, pick up at a local store, or receive delivery. This is done through ordering and fulfillment tools.
- Brand loyalty is also increased through customer incentive programs, such as earning rewards points for shopping with you.
Modernize the Store Experience
- Within the application, users can utilize tools that allow them to become smarter and more effective customer service reps.
- For example, you can use tools to access real-time product, customer, inventory, and order visibility.
- Product selection and recommendations can be tailed to the individual through advanced analytics.
- Automation and business intelligence dashboards within the application also help users to manage reports, scheduling, time tracking, and sales more effectively.
Manage Merchandising More Effectively
- This Microsoft application helps you to streamline sourcing and replenishment, helping you to buy from the right vendor at the right time for the right price to keep up with marketplace demands.
- On that same note, users are able to manage product demands by offering the right products and services at the right time for the right price through the right channels using intelligent insights.
- As a result, users are able to expand their sales and promotions, which has a significant impact on their organization’s bottom line.
Use Insights to Optimize Operations
- By using intelligent insights, users of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for retail realize key advantages like:
- Maximizing business impact through reducing fulfillment costs, improving inventory utilization, and managing your business with customer insights
- Speeding up end-of-day activities through the power of automated and streamlined workflows
- Increasing inventory visibility that enables employees to house the right level of inventory at the right locations
- and meet changing business needs to support multi-level operations
Innovate with Modern and Adaptable Technology
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail allows users to adapt more quickly, accelerating their processes to provide real-time solutions to their retail customers.
- Automated processes across applications and among third-party systems give customers a more holistic retail experience.
- Microsoft encourages, with all of their applications, that you can invest with confidence.
- Their focus is moving online, though they continue to offer support to On-premises users. They offer cloud complexity to help reduce the costs and complexities of operating a global infrastructure.
- Overall, the application helps users innovate as leaders within their industries through the use of advanced business intelligence – and it keeps evolving.
Since you, your team, and your organization is unique, how you specifically work within it will be different than another organization, though the general framework, as described above, remains true.
The possibilities are expansive, and exciting with Dynamics 365 for Retail.
If you want to learn more about Microsoft Dynamics 365 as a whole, join us for our next user group webinar. Click here to register.
To start your journey with Microsoft Dynamics 365, reach out to our experts here for help.
Before you select any technology, whether CRM, marketing automation, or something else, we at Ledgeview always advise that you conduct a thorough business analysis first. What works for your organization will be unique to your team and your business needs.
We are eager to help you take your business to the next level of success we know you’re capable of.
Microsoft. (n.d.). Deliver exceptional retail experiences. Retrieved January 22, 2019, from https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-us/retail/capabilities/